Sunday, September 21, 2014

Square Hue- 9/14 Sydney

Good Morning Beauties! I hope you all have had a wonderfully relaxing weekend! Yesterday we spent the day watching Netflix and making some casserole! Needless to say it was a pretty relaxing day which gave me time to catch up on my swatches! :D Today will be a bit more eventful as we will be heading to the nearest city to visit the Apple store! I started having issues with my battery on my phone so we called tech support and they confirmed that I have a bad battery! :( It will be good to get out of the house and fiddle around! I also plan on stopping at Starbucks to take advantage of the B1G1 free on the fall drinks! :D 


Now that I've chatted your head off, let''s get to the real reason you came here! I have for you the 9.14 Sydney Collection from Square Hue. I was so excited for this collection and it was a pleasant surprise when I got it in the mail!!!! The polishes are beautiful and truly represent everything that is fall! As always, the quality was amazing and up there with any other high end. So far out of the 6 polishes I have received none of them were hit or miss! 

Let's get started! 
************************

Square Hue is a monthly subscription box that is just $14.99 a month, plus shipping and handling. What I love about this box is you get three FULL SIZED polishes with plenty of polish to do manicures again and again!

I did not do this in my last review, but I want to talk about this packaging! I am in love with the way these pretties come packaged! It comes with some worms and an insert that is specifically cut for their polishes! Let's not get me started on the unique square bottles! *gasp*

      

The first polish up is Oxford Street which is a liquid gold Micro shimmer that for some reason appears a bit more orange in this photo. It is most definitely a true yellow gold! 

Application wise this polish applied flawlessly, it needed  coats to be opaque and there were no brush strokes! I think this color is going to be perfect for the fall time as it reminds me of crisp leaves! 


Next up is Crown Street which is a beautiful rust orange with micro shimmer. I am not typically into oranges but this color has a true grit to it. It has this gold running through it that is just perfect! 

This polish was also a two coater with perfect application and consistency. This polish will also be one that will be perfect for fall as it reminds of a cheery and bright rustic pumpkin!


I saved the best for last! King Street is a beautiful brown that looks like pure chocolate on your nails! When I started swatching this color I could not take it off!!!! I actually had someone say they just "want to lick my nails"! (I know, totally random). But outdoors in natural light the red undertones really comes out making this look like Dr. Pepper on the nail! It's a MUST have for fall, it's TRULY stunning and just gorgeous! 

This polish seemed to have a consistency of a crelly but applied like a creme. There is 
NO shimmer in this polish and it is a straight creme polish. It applied flawlessly in 2 coats. I've already said my part about how much I love this polish! But let me also tell you, it stamps like a champ! 


My last picture I decided again this month to marry all of the polishes together to do a look with all three! I had a few different looks in mind but this one is the one I chose. Overall I really like how this look came out! I did a gradient with Oxford Street & Crown Street and then stamped over the with a design from the Pueen Buffet plates with King Street. I think it looks so rustic and vintage! What do you think? 



Check out Square Hue at these places:

Subscribe to this subscription box here:

More information on Square Hue:
- They are 5 free
- They donate portions of proceeds from each box
- They are made in the USA
- They are NOT tested on animals

I hope you enjoyed this review for the 9.14 Square Hue box! I am in love with all three colors in this box again! I think these boxes are totally worth it! You will not be disappointed! 

XOXO
Christy from WTN

No comments:

Post a Comment