Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Square Hue: Subscription box review



Hi ladies!!! I hope you all are having a fantastic week! I was lucky enough to have Monday off so I'm only two days into this work week with only two to go! I have to say that I really needed that extra day off!!! It's been so rainy and dreary in Kentucky that I almost want to change the color of my polish by the hour! I'm sure I'm not the only girl who's ever been there! Come on, admit it! ;)


****************



Today I have for you some swatches and review of a nail polish subscription box!!! Square Hue is a monthly subscription box that is just 14.99 a month, plus shipping and handling. What I love about this box is you get three FULL SIZED polishes with plenty of polish to do manicures again and again!




Another thing I have to mention is their packaging!!! I am in love with the square bottles! The bottle shape really sets them apart from other polishes and looks so classy, sleek and elegant on my wall racks! When I received my package I was so impressed by the packaging when it arrived. It came nestled in a box and super secure!








The polishes I received were dated 8.14 and were part of their Beverly Hills collection. I received Rodeo Drive, Cannon Drive, and Wilshire Drive. I'm sure you're interested in the swatches and formula, so let's get into it!

**************

First up is Rodeo Drive and this is a beautiful gold metallic polish with micro shimmers throughout.

I was really nervous that this polish was going to be streaky. But I was wrong! The polish applied smoothly and evenly in two coats was completely opaque and shimmery!




Next up is Cannon Drive. This color is a gorgeous Orchid color! It is a satin polish with a glossy finish.


I usually do not like polishes with a satin finish, however this one went on with no streaks what-so-ever and was opaque in two coats!




The last of the three polishes did not disappoint!!! Wilshire Boulevard is a gorgeous cobalt blue satin with a glossy finish as well.


This polish applied much in the same as Cannon Drive. I am in love with the color! Opaque in two coats and super prettty!!!!




I wanted to get a bit creative and incorporate some nail art with all three polishes! Below I've done a gradient using the gold Rodeo Drive as a base. I love the way this turned out!




I thought I would take it one step further and do a stamping this gradient and I'm glad I did. I feel as if it's truly stunning.




Overall I have to say that I am IN LOVE with these polishes! The size of the polishes are comparable to all of my high-end polishes. I would say the formula is very much comparable as well. Please don't hate me for saying this, but you're wasting your money on Julep!!!! I would recommend this subscription box to my friends and family, and of course all of my extended family (yes, you!) You cannot go wrong with quality and price!




Check out Square Hue at these places:


http://instagram.com/squarehue


https://m.facebook.com/SquareHue


www.squarehue.com






Subscribe to this subscription box here:


http://www.squarehue.com/how-it-works/




More information on Square Hue:


- They are 5 free


- They donate portions of proceeds from each box


- They are made in the USA


- They are NOT tested on animals




I hope you all enjoyed this review and swatches as much as I enjoyed doing swatching and writing it for you! I hope you all have an awesome day! Let me know if you have tried or will be trying Square Hue!




XOXO-


Christy from WTN



No comments:

Post a Comment